How do I set up my Linksys RT31P2 Phone Adapter?
Posted by Cody C on 10 December 2009 12:51 PM
Before setting up your VOIPo service, make sure that you have received the following three (3) items in your package as they are necessary for set up:
1. Linksys RT31P2 Phone Adapter/Router pre-configured for VOIPo
2. Ethernet Cable
3. A/C Power Adapter
Installation of the device takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Follow these steps to get your VOIPo adapter up and running:
1. First, be sure to unplug the power adapters from your modem and router (if applicable) before setting up the VOIPo adapter.
2. Take the Linksys adapter out and plug the telephone cable from your house phone into Line 1 of your adapter. Note that only touch tone phones supported.
3. Plug your ethernet cable from your router and plug it into the Internet port on the Linksys adapter.
3. If plugging the Linksys adapter to an internet modem, plug the cable coming from the modem into the Inernet port of the Linksys adapter. Network devices will connect to the available LAN ports on the back of the Linksys RT31P2.
4. Finally, plug back in your modem and router, plug the A/C Power Adapter into the correct port on the back of the Linksys adapter, and wait until the Power, Internet, Phone 2, and Phone 1 lights all turn on solid green. (Can take up to 5 minutes to register)
Congratulations, you are now ready to use your VOIPo phone! If you have any questions please contact support toll free at 877-99-VOIPO or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org